Monday, February 11, 2013

Baby Blogging

is still that level of shock that you will actually be coming home with a baby. You spend nine months fantasizing about what the little one will look like, what's the personality going to be like and how cute all the new baby clothes are. But, when the baby pops out then what...

With my first child I spent lots of time trying to mentally prepare myself for what I thought would be the most difficult obstacles.  How do you get the baby in the 10,000 pound car seat and carry the groceries up the stairs when no one is home.  On top of that, I was living on the second floor, so do you leave the baby in the apartment, lock the door, run down to the car and get the groceries, then run back up the stairs with eight bags and check to make sure that the crazy neighbor has not been window stalking and taken my baby.  Ultimately, that's what I did and I still have my daughter, but as a new mom I thought that I was seriously doing something wrong.

What about taking a shower? Do you bring the baby in the bathroom with you? What if the baby is sound asleep, do you leave the baby in the crib? But if you do that, will you hear the baby crying? What if they roll over and succumb and get tangled up in the sheet? Can I comfortably take a shower if my baby is all alone? But what if I wake my baby up out of sound sleep, just to take a shower? Does that make me a bad mom? Or a really aggravated one, because now I can't shower for a long time, because there is a screaming baby in the bathroom with me.

I really could go on for days with all the crazy things that I thought about even before giving birth.  The good thing is that I have picked up a few tips along the way. And through some advice, I am trying out blogging.  I'm not really sure what I'm doing but we'll see how it all pans out....

See you soon.

2 comments:

  1. We all pray that we're doing the right thing with the first child. They cry we worry, what I'm doing wrong we learn as we go and it all work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing that it will all work out is the key... Kids are quite durable... They bounce back even when you think that you are going through something that nobody in the entire world has ever gone through before.

    ReplyDelete